Ones of Beyond
Salutations! Welcome to Ones of The Beyond. Feel free to look around, and we'd be overjoyed if you decide to register! If you're having issues, contact one of the Generals, thank you!
--Karkat Vantas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ones of Beyond
Salutations! Welcome to Ones of The Beyond. Feel free to look around, and we'd be overjoyed if you decide to register! If you're having issues, contact one of the Generals, thank you!
--Karkat Vantas
Ones of Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ones Of Beyond' is a 2-D Graphical Chat in the making. Our forum is still under construction, so please just bear with us. If you have and questions, please message one of our current administrators. Thank you!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elaboration is, indeed, needed.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yay Elaboration is, indeed, needed. Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:08 am

Hayato

Hayato
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Guys,

I ask of you nicely to please give effort into reading this. It is for our own good, really...

As much as I would love to be nice, I just somehow can't. This issue I am about to talk about is very, very, very serious. The administration has been going through these issues one by one, and we are definitely not happy about it. In fact, very disappointed in the majority.

It is clear to everyone that we have been having art theft cases lately. I would just like to remind everyone, even the people in the administration, that art theft is definitely not acceptable . If we find out that you are, in fact, stealing art, then you will have to pay the price of being banned for eternity. Be it an administrator or our most trusted user! We do not accept art theft, no!

What can you ever achieve, if all you do is steal art? You want to be good at art, right? Well, the be honest, you wont win like that. Each and every one of us needs to understand that it takes a lot of time to learn art. It's not like this world, wherein you can create gadgets to make our lives easier! This is ourselves we're dealing with; our skills. Nothing can ever be made shortcut, especially when you're trying to learn.

We have hands, brains, and hearts, do we? Well I think that we should use them! You may be the most intelligent person here in OTB, or the most creative person yet, but that wont make you happy if you don't have heart! Don't you want to that everyone is praising you for your art? for your own original style?

"He who cheats his way through will never get happiness. What will be left of him is fake pride, for people will only praise works that aren't even his."

I always remember that saying. At the end of the day, you can say that you people had a good impression on you. But, really? What are you rejoicing for? Don't you want to feel the happiness of going through hard work?

I, myself, am an artist. I am creating educational graphic novels for children. I tell you, every artist doesn't want their art to be stolen - all their pain, all their hard work will just be used by people to cheat through their lives.

We all have talents, and we should find them. Let us keep in mind that we are still youth! The youth is the hope of our nation! How on Earth can we help OTB if we can't even help outselves?! Our hearts need to changed, really. I'd love to have that principle added here on OTB. Not only do we want to teach each other good communication and art skills, but we want to establish a good heart in the end.

Think about it. If we can't fix ourselves; our hearts, then we can't help OTB. If we can't help OTB, how can we help an even bigger community? If we can't help a bigger community, how can we fix our nation?

You see, everyone? Everything has to start with the right heart. We need to perfect the little things, and when I talk about 'little things' I mean we need to be good at disciplining ourselves. Starting at home, to school...to everywhere you go. Because if you don't discipline yourself, you will ruin your life.

In our country now, we are suffering a government crisis. Let me just tell you that our former president was stealing government funds. She had a lot of cases, she was accused several times of plunder...You see, she lead our country very poorly. Taking all the funds and using it for herself, to make her rich! This habit of stealing was even passed down to her sons! ...Right now, in our history, she is being recorded as the most hated presidents of our time.

You wouldn't like to be known for something bad, do you? You wouldn't want to be neglected and hated by the word, do you? If you don't, then it's time we drop all this drama and actually start using our brains, hearts and feet! Stand up and move, use your intelligence in the field you love, and prepare our hearts.

This century is the flat world. Everything is equal now, it's between the East and the West. It's competition! We all need to gather up our hearts and minds. We need to have the right heart to compete with the world.

Now if you want to actually make it to the global world and be recognized, drop your habits now. and start competing. Start competing with yourself! Go beyond your limits and see if you really can compete with the world. Start with yourself, then with a bigger community. Sooner or later, you will make it to the global world.
*Fight with a prepared heart, not with a stupid mind.

It's like they say, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." We're youth, and still pups. We have a lot to learn...let's not destroy what's ours for the taking - our life, and our own original talents. Smile

I thank you for taking time to read this. I'm just very sick and tired of facing through these. No matter how many times we remind people to stop, they just don't! Hard headed people need to be punished...but sometimes, we need to break their stiff hearts and tell them what's wrong because we don't want them to ruin their lives.

I'm not doing this because I don't want to be hard, or because I don't want to face/solve these art theft cases, but because I care about you. Not only me, but even the administration. We're still young, and if we bring our bad habits with us as we grow older, then we will only be destroying our lives; our future.

Think about it. Reminisce. Try to want.
If you have any questions, or if you want to ask me anything about life please do PM or e-mail me. I'd love to be a guidance counselor, hehe :]

I would just want to give an Asian touch to OTB, since I think it's a little/more of a Western culture. That's just what makes Asians rise, really. I want to pin into each and every one of our minds and hearts. Let's not forget that if you can't master the little things (fixing your character; disciplining yourself), you can't move on to a bright future.

"It is the mastery in little things that will make you win."
We usually say that when we start the day to remind ourselves that we have something to fight for; a future to look forward to.

Thank you once again. = )

https://www.youtube.com/user/xkickindrum

2Yay Re: Elaboration is, indeed, needed. Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Sollux Captor

Sollux Captor
Lazy Dog

I agree, though I haven't been seeing art theft on here lately.
(I don't know I don't search the art part of the forum constantly.)
Though I don't like people who steal other's art, no one does.

Ever hear of the Second Life case?
The man who stole the womans products had to pay each person he stole from about $300+

Don't steal you can get in a lot of trouble.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1183637118

3Yay Re: Elaboration is, indeed, needed. Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

So totally agreed. Thank you, Kristin, for doing this for the community. I couldn't agree more and I am certainly glad that someone stood up and spoke about it. Ever since OOB started there has been lots of art theft here.
Since I am a Beta on FA and I have seen MANY cases of art theft, I'm pretty good at spotting it, so if I see anything else here I'll inform you guys. :3 I'm not the type of person to be biased about what I'm an admin on, and what I'm not, or what is a chat, and what isn't. Art theft is a serious matter and it needs to be gone from the Chatlands community. I'm of service anywhere needed. ^.^

4Yay Re: Elaboration is, indeed, needed. Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Ness

Ness
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Oh thank goodness.
Thank goodness people agree.
It's not only art theft that's bugging me.
It's organization.
I see alot of basic rules on here that aren't being followed.
This is another step closer to a friendly and peaceful envoirnment.
Thanks a bunch, Kristin.

5Yay Re: Elaboration is, indeed, needed. Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:03 am

Hayato

Hayato
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Thank you, everyone. I'm so glad a lot of you guys can feel me. <3youguys :]

https://www.youtube.com/user/xkickindrum

6Yay Re: Elaboration is, indeed, needed. Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

Oh I've felt this ever since I heard about art theft on Chatlands. If you need to steal art, you are indeed a pathetic person. Obviously they don't take enough time to hone their own skills, and instead they feel the need to steal. It's SICKENING.

7Yay Re: Elaboration is, indeed, needed. Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:13 am

Murdoc

Murdoc
All Dogs Go To Heaven

I agree

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum