Ones of Beyond
Salutations! Welcome to Ones of The Beyond. Feel free to look around, and we'd be overjoyed if you decide to register! If you're having issues, contact one of the Generals, thank you!
--Karkat Vantas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ones of Beyond
Salutations! Welcome to Ones of The Beyond. Feel free to look around, and we'd be overjoyed if you decide to register! If you're having issues, contact one of the Generals, thank you!
--Karkat Vantas
Ones of Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ones Of Beyond' is a 2-D Graphical Chat in the making. Our forum is still under construction, so please just bear with us. If you have and questions, please message one of our current administrators. Thank you!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is this snake? :[

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yay What is this snake? :[ Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Necro Carnival

Necro Carnival
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Right before I got off the bus from school, my mom said she found a black snake with whiteish yellowish stripes. Ive never seen a snake like that in Northwest Indiana. Would anyone know what it is?

2Yay Re: What is this snake? :[ Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Lotus

Lotus
Puppy

A black snake with yellow stripes could be classified as a Garter or a Ribbon snake. These snakes are not venomous (but do not touch wild snakes to try to test this!) and generally eat small fish and frogs. They are found close to water supplies as this is where their main food source lives. Ponds, small rivers, and lakes are often home to these types of snake, but often they venture out in search of alternative food sources and may make that journey through or near your garden. ~http://wildlife.blurtit.com/q464319.html

I get a lot of these in the fall/summer transition up here in Minnesota, Garter snakes are pretty common but they keep themselves hidden well.
Did it look anything like these Garters? >http://www.google.com/search?q=black+%26+yellow+garter+snake&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1512&bih=717

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum