Ones of Beyond
Salutations! Welcome to Ones of The Beyond. Feel free to look around, and we'd be overjoyed if you decide to register! If you're having issues, contact one of the Generals, thank you!
--Karkat Vantas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ones of Beyond
Salutations! Welcome to Ones of The Beyond. Feel free to look around, and we'd be overjoyed if you decide to register! If you're having issues, contact one of the Generals, thank you!
--Karkat Vantas
Ones of Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ones Of Beyond' is a 2-D Graphical Chat in the making. Our forum is still under construction, so please just bear with us. If you have and questions, please message one of our current administrators. Thank you!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum Rank Names

+5
Murdoc
Ness
Hayato
Necro Carnival
Jet
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yay Forum Rank Names Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

They're breeds of dogs, not representing any kind of rank at all. It might be a little confusing to other users and hard to memorize, unlike Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Omega. I know OOB might want to be different, but maybe if you want more variety, look up Greek letters and symbols to make new ranks? Dog breeds don't show rank, so it doesn't make much sense.

Since I can't post external links for seven days (that, too, should be fixed), I'll post the partial link to the Wiki I found.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_letters_used_in_mathematics,_science,_and_engineering

2Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:35 am

Necro Carnival

Necro Carnival
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Agreed, still find the dog breeds confusing. There was a vote with like Army-like ranks VS Dog breeds VS something else(cant remember). Army-like ranks had got the most votes but it was never changed.

3Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:43 am

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

Well.

4Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 am

Hayato

Hayato
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Hmm, I guess it's a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/user/xkickindrum

5Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

C:

6Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Ness

Ness
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Yeah. I liked the army names.

7Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:17 am

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

What exactly were those?

8Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:26 am

Murdoc

Murdoc
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Didn't see this, and I think it's a good idea.

9Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:53 pm

SquirrelMaster

SquirrelMaster
New Born

Ok Smile

10Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Paste

Paste
Site Owner
Site Owner

Well, you see someone changed it before the vote was over. I figured Plush had decided on the breed names. I'm going to change it now.

11Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:17 am

Foalanis

Foalanis
Hole Digger

Probably keep the Group callings as the current ones now,and the rank names are either alpha,beta,gamma,or admin assistant.

12Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Paste

Paste
Site Owner
Site Owner

We're not allowed to use the alpha, beta, and such xP wolfhome said we were copying.

13Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Foalanis

Foalanis
Hole Digger

That's quite odd.

14Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

So Wolfhome says we're copying them, even when all other chat sites use those, too? LOLOLOL.
I'd use them anywway. Wolfhome can't trademark Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Omega ranks. :/ Especially when all the other chat sites use them too.

15Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Paste

Paste
Site Owner
Site Owner

The advertisement on wolfhome got locked and hidden because we were apparently copying everything.

16Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

Well that's stupid. I see NOTHING like Wolfhome here.
I don't understand why they'd accuse you of copying.

17Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Nymph

Nymph
Mailman Chaser

Perhaps there is someone we can contact and see what the problem is exactly and why it is a prohlem. I do agree that all the chat site uses Alpha, beta, gamma ect, so it makes you wonder whywe are the only ones copying them. I did see in a earlier topic of someone saying we were copyrighting them and that we did not get their permission to use them. Maybe the other sites got permission, I don't know. I think it is best to find someone to talk to and clear up everything.

Edit**
Mojo
Subject: Copyright inquiry Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Do you have proof of permission from Underdog to use the admin icons on this forum? If not then using them is a violation of Wolfhome's intellectual property rights. (See and following excerpt for details.)

Use of Art Work and Intellectual Material
Wolfhome is owned by wunderwood LLC (also referred to in this policy as "we", "us" or "the company"). By allowing you to use this site, wunderwood LLC has not given up any rights to the code, concepts, art work, web pages or other intellectual property. You may not copy, decode, or otherwise de-compile what we have created. You MAY NOT redistribute any pictures, sounds or other media without prior permission in writing from wunderwood LLC.

This was the topic I was talking about actually. He posted links regarding on proving you have permission, here they are.

www(dot)wolfhome.com/legal/index.php?popup=1
forums(dot)wolfhome.com/images/ranks/Alpha.png
forums(dot)wolfhome.com/images/ranks/Beta.png
forums(dot)wolfhome.com/images/ranks/Gamma.png
forums(dot)wolfhome.com/images/ranks/Assistant.png

18Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 am

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

WOLFHOME cannot COPYRIGHT these. They are GREEK LETTERS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_letters_used_in_mathematics,_science,_and_engineering

This is moronic. Wolfhome does not have the right to copyright greek letters. END OF STORY.
I don't care what ANYONE says, I have my own opinion.
It's not theirs to claim as their own. :/
Anyway...
To get on with life...
If Wolfhome is giving you guys crap about "copyright" Greek letters..
I have nothing more to say than Wolfhome hasn't the right to claim them.

19Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Nymph

Nymph
Mailman Chaser

Yeah, I am not sure on what grounds they could try and claim copyright at all really. Should try and contact someone though and try and resolve this issue to prevent any delays of this chat being made.

20Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

Someone should contact Underdog about this matter.

21Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:28 am

Paste

Paste
Site Owner
Site Owner

The IMAGES are copyrighted, but we removed them. The WH forums blocked out advertisement because our forums 'looked exactly like WH forums'

22Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Nymph

Nymph
Mailman Chaser

I've never been on the WH forums because whenever I try and make a account for it, it never gets accepted, but if I am correct, forumotion has somewhat of a limit on what you can do with design ect. Besides you guys n Gals add a little bit of OOTB touch it. Now I kind of want to get a account accepted just to see what the WH forums look like.

23Yay Re: Forum Rank Names Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Jet

Jet
Lazy Dog

The images never looked like Wolfhome's. o-o
At least, in the time I was here.
Unless they mean rank graphics, they can't copyright those either.
Idk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum